Friday, November 22, 2019

Embracing Self - Music as a healing tool


Music is a very powerful tool in a healing process. But does it need to be a specific type of music? Strings, piano....437 MHZ, mantra's....??? .In today's blog I will share a piece of music that healed my heart. You might be surprised to find out what it was!

I believe illness is actually a healing process. I have to become whole again. (note: whole is not always the same as cured!!) So, part of my healing protocol is adressing my PTSD. (traumas). I do that with EMDR.
I must say, this technique has improved! Today was my second time with the modern approach (if you want to know more about EMDR just let me know, I will tell you  more about it later) and just like the session 3 weeks ago, my whole body joined in. It's a total release, with lots of trembling, tears, sobs, howling and snot everywhere, hahaha. ðŸ˜­ðŸ˜‚ But it feels soooo good to get it out of your system!!

But then it happened: on my way back in the taxi, the radio played Guns n Roses' November Rain. Uh oh... That triggered me. Not my traumas (I just worked on that), but the grief. The grief for a "lost childhood" (which ofcourse is never really lost). The grief of half a life spent in stress, coping strategies, not being true to my Self... And not being able to fully, totally embrace life. And embrace me, myself and I...
So here I was, in the taxi and I started crying! Just like that. At first I tried to hide it. But then I realized, I have hidden my pain long enough. And now I'm letting go of the pain, as a part of the past... I won't have to suffer from those old wounds anymore, I want to be able to be honest to myself. To not have to hide who I am and what moves me. Just be f* ing human! So... I just let my tears fall down. It was like I was leaking ðŸ˜‚ the driver looked at me, but didn't say anything about it. And that was great. I could just be in the moment, witness my body getting rid of old sh.... And when I got out of the car, I decided to dig up my old GNR CD and play this solo as loud as I could on my speakers. YESS!!!
Feeling the bass in my stomach, the guitar solo piercing my eardrums, the lyrics repeating over and over again... (don't you think that you need somebody, don't you think that you need someone, everybody needs somebody... You're not the only one, you're not the only one)... Feeling in total connection with the adolescent inside me...bowling my eyes out.... I felt every bit of old pain leave my body. Wow, now that's therapy!!! ðŸ˜ƒ

So... Now I will spend the next hours and days recuperating from this event. But man! Does that make you feel good!!!

Music is the best therapy tool there is... For sure.
So... For the rocklovers among you : here's my therapy tool. Go ahead: crank it up and let yourself go!

Mama Sanna 

Music: Guitar Solo in November Rain
Credits: Guns 'n Roses  from the album: Use Your Illusion II

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you so much for your response. When it's approved, it will be shown below the blogpost.

Love, Sanna